Since 2001, we have helped hundreds of children go to school and provided the tools for a young person get a job. Building classrooms, schools and digital libraries in some of the poorest and most dangerous neighborhoods have given children the chance to read a book, watch a movie and learn a new language in safety and peace.
Shirley Ann Sullivan Educational Foundation has been at the forefront of every United Nations Millennium Development Goal and we continue our commitment with the Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
What We've Achieved
- A multinational organization, our contribution in youth education and development has received recognition from United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and Maurício Sirotsky Sobrinho Foundation for raising the level of social consciousness in children and youth.
- Founding Chair of the Coordination Committee to author Volunteerism and Development policy for Liberia, West Africa.
- Our state of the art digital libraries serve thousands of children in some of the worlds poorest neighborhoods.
- Mentoring high profile youth leaders making outstanding contributions to the global community.
- Children's rights are front and center in education and protection.
- We are making continuous strides in child protection, particularly with young children and The V Sign.
- Todd McQuillan Memorial Arts Fund has made art education a reality for hundreds of children.
- Todd McQuillan Memorial Arts Fund creates murals to teach primary school children United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Our Send A Child to School Campaign has made it possible for children to receive an education at all levels.
- Leading the way in policy reform for Youth Leaders who volunteer. "A Seat in the Class and a Job to Pay for It".
To improve the quality of life for children and youth by providing education and advocating for their protection from exploitation and physical harm.